+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decompression Error #99

Default Decompression Error #99

We are getting the following decompression error in an install:

Name:  2016-04-27_11-25-26.png
Views: 576
Size:  12.5 KB

I have reviewed several of the other posts about decompression errors but none of them reference the #99.

This error is happening in an include script where we are installing a .sql file, running it via sqlcmd.exe and then deleting the .sql file. If the user goes "back" in the installer, then this process could be ran multiple time.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Terry Mullican
    Terry Mullican
    TCS a LeadVenture Company (TirePower)
    www.tcstire.com

Default Re: Decompression Error #99

Terry,

Hmmm, you said that if the user goes "back" in the installer, then this process could be ran multiple time. Are you using the Install File(s) function in a Loop Statement (e.g. a Loop or Loop Wizard)? Or the include script that holds this Install File(s) function in a Loop Statement?

This is from the Remarks section: Never use the Install File(s) script function in a Loop.

An Install File(s) function can only be executed once, a Loop might execute it multiple-times and this is not possible. To handle a Loop scenario, you can use the Copy File(s) function.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Yes sir! Thank you, sorry I missed this!

I decided to change it to install the files once in the main script and then run the include script multiple times for re-querying the database. Then at the end of the install I can clean up the files.
    Terry Mullican
    www.tcstire.com

As a follow up, here is quick video of the "search" process I am working on. The list of databases would not fit into a single variable, so we decided to provide a search by name.

http://screencast.com/t/FfdYRzqfiXN

As you can see in the video, I am having problems getting the Dialog to use the updated variable after the second search... any tips?

Thanks,
    Terry Mullican
    www.tcstire.com

Hi Terry,

Interesting project!

BTW, the runtime variable value limit is 10,240 bytes (10KB) when using the "Set VariableEx..." script function. This is not enough in your specific case?

I have created a demo project for you:
    http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/TerryCombo.zip

See attached screenshots. It "re-loads" the combo box with new values.

Does this help?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Or this one if you don't want a Custom Wizard Dialog combo:
    http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/Terry2Combo.zip

The "Refresh Next Dialog" function does the magic here.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Friedrich,

So we are loading a list of database from a SQL server, this list has to be dynamic and it contain almost 200 databases to choose from. I can not hard code these names because they change daily.

Here is the process:

1. Install SQL file which creates a sql store procedure (SP) to return the database list.
    2. Run sqlcmd.exe, running the sql file to create the SP on the local master database.
    3. Run sqlcmd.exe, calling SP with search parameter. We include a switch to output the results to a INI file.
    4. In SB, loop thur the file and append the names to variable.

Note: All the database have TirePower-%CompanyName% as the name. We hit the variable limit a couple of years ago and then we just stripped "TirePower" from the name and bought us some space and the drop list had all the names again. After reviewing the data closer today, I am not sure why the variable is not showing all of them, we have currently have 148 databases and putting this into text file it is only 2083 chars. Here is the code, I even tried to trim the names to see if would help.

Name:  2016-04-29_9-06-19.png
Views: 280
Size:  20.8 KB

And as I am typing this up, I re-read your last post and realized... the "Refresh Next Dialog" is my issue!

I did not have it in there! THIS FIXED IT! http://screencast.com/t/lseu7Yvn1FJW

For anyone reading this post, this is why SetupBuilder is a great tool, unmatched support for the crazy stuff we try to do with it! My team here at TCS has worked with Friedrich for many years troubleshooting a lot of different things and everyone one of my team members has always enjoyed working with Friedrich and SetupBuilder. This is a crazy powerful tool! Thanks again SetupBuilder/Friedrich!

Thanks,
    Terry Mullican
    www.tcstire.com

Hi Terry,

Thanks so much for your kind words !!!

Friedrich

Are there other cases that can produce this error? Or is there a description of this error?

I am also receiving this error, but for an "Install File(s)" command that is not in a loop. The install command is in an include script. This include script is run multiple times, but the source directory has a different value each time. The target is the same (temp) directory, but this is cleared and created before the install command.

When I build with a smaller set of artifacts, the installer works in all use cases.

When I build with the full set of artifacts, the installer works in 3 of 4 use cases. The 4th use case presents this error ("A decompression error has been detected" ..... [#99]).

Regards,
    Seth

Seth,

an "Install File" action can only be executed once. If you "run" an include script multiple times then the same "Install File" action is executed multiple times. This results in Error #99.

The correct way to handle this scenario is to install the file once and then use "Copy File..." to copy the file to its target location(s).

Does this help?

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information