Hello:

I would like to enable my users to have "modify / repair" options in addition to the standard uninstall option when they run my uninstaller. The reason I want this is:

1. My department has received complaints that users will run a custom setup select the components desired at install time and later down the line need to add components and would like a way to do that easily.
2. do a one click solution to restore the original set of files the way the user set them up (based on setup type)

This would look like:

1. user launches uninstaller and is presented with a "maintenance mode" screen similar to MSI based installers or the old wise install scripts offering "Modify Installed Components", "Repair / Reinstall" and "Remove" options
2. if Modify Installed components a custom install dialog shows up with currently installed components checked and can be unchecked for removal and components that are unchecked can be checked for partial or complete installation. (thing the add/remove windows components function in the add or remove programs control panel in windows 2000 and XP). when the user clicks next they are presented with a summary of changes and the click next again and off to the races
3. If "Repair / Reinstall" is selected another dialog comes up with custom options such as "keep my user settings (repair)" and "do not keep my user settings (re-install)" or anything really could be put here if needed. user clicks next is given a summary of changes and click next again and off to the races.
4. if "remove" is selected, the standard uninstall routine kicks off after confirmation.
5. once it's all said and done, the user is presented with a finish dialog

Is all of this possible? if so how? I'm thinking custom uninstall script, I just can't seem to think of the "nuts and bolts" on it.

Carly