+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bug report?

Thumbs down bug report?

Hello:

I've noticed the following Bug(?) in SetupBuilder:

the default text for not accepting the license agreement ("I do &not accept the terms in the license agreement") and the default next button text ("&Next >") use the same hotkey as noted by the "&N" in the text and not only is this confusing to an end-user, but the ALT+N key combination will (logically) only activate ONE of these controls if they both appear on the same dialog. Is this by design, or is it a bug?

the following is for sure a bug:

In the following video (from my SetupBuilder tutorial series) the buttons in the dialog visualizer are blacked out and must be rolled over to light them up. I've set the link to start several seconds in to where you can see the bottom button bar with the add, remove, move up, etc. buttons and if you let this play, you'll notice the buttons light up as i roll over them with my mouse.

I don't know what on earth causes this strange behavior, but I think it occurs once more in my training in a different module somewhere. The only thing I can say is that the other place I've seen it happen is the compiler output screen where all the toolbars do it.
    https://youtu.be/b3uIgBV30VY?t=55s

Default Re: bug report?

Hello,

unfortunately, this redrawing issue can't be fixed

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/sho...g-issue-in-SB8

You can change the "hotkey" for "I do &not accept the terms in the license agreement" in the Text Resources Visualizer. For example: change it to "I do not accep&t the terms in the license agreement".

Thank you for your support!

Friedrich

Post Re: bug report?

Thanks!

Can we change that in a default level? That way I don't have to worry about it? And so other SB Devs don't have to think about it?

Yes, no problem. You can change the default text resource for new projects in Tools | Options | Languages Tab -> select LCID 1033 English (UJS) -> select the "DLG_LICENSE_ACCEPT" identifier and change the text. This will then be the default for all new projects.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Freidrich:

Thanks for your help and being quick on the answers here

QUESTION: where would the world be without SetupBuilder?
    ANSWER: Total Chaos (Yikes)

<G> Thank you !!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information