+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Wait dialog" and "Progress dialog" conflict?

Default "Wait dialog" and "Progress dialog" conflict?

In one of my scripts it appears to be a conflict between "wait dialogs" and "progress dialogs". The setup application crashes when attempting to open the progress dialog after a wait dialog has been active (used in an #include script). This has not been a problem before and I assume the real reason is some action taken before or during the time the wait dialog was active. The script attempts to close one or more running services and the problem occurs if a service takes a long time to close. The last logged line is "Set Variable %_SB_WIZHWND% to 921132" (or another number). If I move things around and open the progress dialog before the wait dialog then the crash happens after the wait dialog is opened instead. Are there any known issues or "rules" that could help solve this problem?

Default Re: "Wait dialog" and "Progress dialog" conflict?

Hello,

nothing changed in this area in V8 or V10. Do you have an example project (and include script) available?

Thanks,
    Friedrich

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Do you have an example project (and include script) available?
    I was unable to re-create the issue in an example project, so I have sent the original project by e-mail.

Thank you!!

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information