+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple Progress Dialog (no file) with web install

Default Simple Progress Dialog (no file) with web install

How to I create the simple version of the Progress Dialog with just the one overall progress bar (no individual file download/copy messages or progress bar, as shown on page 274 of the 10.0 SetupBuilder Developer Guide), when using the Web Installation option? It works if I disable the Web Installation option, but when I enable that option, the second progress bar (for individual file copy/download progress) appears. I have only a single Progress Dialog: Display [NoFile] in the script, and the behavior.

I see there is a "disable progress events" option on the Download File (HTTP) function, but that function does not explicitly appear in the script. (It's not clear to me that anything changes in the script when enabling/disabling the web installation option and recompiling.)

Default Re: Simple Progress Dialog (no file) with web install

We'll check this and get back to you!

Friedrich

Any news on this? If it makes it any easier, the issue is primarily the file names. Having two progress bars would be acceptable (although just one would be preferable); but we really want to eliminate the display of the file names as they are downloading. I've experimented with using a Wait Dialog and updating the text message manually ("10%", "20%", etc.) but the problem there is that if the script downloads entire directories (which it does), there is only a single script command which can take a long time, so the progress update isn't as granular as we'd like. Updating the progress for every file downloaded (as it does in the automatic progress bar) is much better.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are still playing with the runtime source code (especially the event handling).

Friedrich

Hello,

we have changed this behavior. It will be available in the new maintenance build.

CHANGE : [SB#7-01181] Installer: When the "Disable File Progress Bar" checkbox option is enabled in the "Progress Dialog" for a Web Installation then there is no individual file download message or progress bar (2nd progress bar) for the download action.

Thank you for your feedback!

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information