+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rename Folder I get SB_ERRORCODE = 603

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Rename Folder I get SB_ERRORCODE = 603

Hi,

The help file says:
    If the function succeeds, the %_SB_ERRORCODE% return value is nonzero.

If the function fails, the return value is zero.

But I find that it returns zero and the folder was not renamed.
    So I tested the opposite... and the errorcode = 603 and the folder is not renamed.

Also, it is not due to a process using it... I tested renaming it by hand in Windows explorer and killed all processes in Resource Monitor that were preventing it from being renamed until I could rename it manually from explorer.

RELATED QUESTION

I have long time installed user files in Documents under company name then app name but I have renamed my app.
    If the folder with the OLD name exists, I want to rename it to the new name and have my software stop using the old folder tree entirely.
    But to do that I have to have this rename work.... if the rename fails, I can install to new folder tree but user data will be in old tree...
    I guess at end of installer I can try to detect that and copy over the files?

Anyone try to depend on renaming a folder and have a lot of problems with users because of that???

-Tim

Default Re: Rename Folder I get SB_ERRORCODE = 603

Hi Tim,

IMO, errorcode = 603 does not come from your "Rename File/Folder" function when you rename a folder.

See attached screenshots. The installer tries to rename the c:\test folder to c:\testX

Test 1: the c:\test folder does NOT exist. The function fails, the return value is "0".

Test 2: the c:\test folder exists and is NOT locked. The function renames c:\test to c:\testX (success) and the return value is "1".

Test 3: the c:\test folder exists but is locked. The function fails, the return value is "0".

BTW, return value 603 is not defined for the MoveFile Windows API.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: Rename Folder I get SB_ERRORCODE = 603

BTW, Error Code 603 is defined in the detect active application / kill active application components.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information