+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Set static IP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Set static IP

I have played around and understand using the Get System Info function to retrieve the network IP address. I would like to take this further and get the IP address, Subnet, Gateway and DNS server settings then take what is returned and have the installer physically set the computer to use these as a static IP. Example, the computer is currently set to use a DHCP server to obtain an IP address, The installer would take the address the DHCP server returned then set it as a static IP. We need a static IP addresses set to connect to different programs/hardware and it is sometimes difficult to explain to customers how to set.

Default Re: Set static IP

Hi Steve,

how would you do this without SetupBuilder. Perhaps I can help to convert this method to SetupBuilder script.

BTW, I checked this and I think we can retrieve the following additional information (see attached screenshot).

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Set static IP

Currently use Netsh command at DOS.

Step 1 run "Netsh interface ip show config"

which will return the current IP address then run

"netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static {ipaddr} {subnetmask} {gateway} {metric}"

Example netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 10.10.2.42 255.255.255.0 10.10.2.1 1

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information