+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SB sends only 1 of 6 releases to the Win Uninstall Programs list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SB sends only 1 of 6 releases to the Win Uninstall Programs list

HI
    I have an install project that has 6 releases of the same software. Each release uses the same settings except varied exe and data combinations.
    My latest problem is that only 1 of the releases exe gets added to the Control Panel Uninstall Program list.
    Luckily, it is the release that is most used, but the client would like to have all the installs act the same. (Picky, right?<g>)

I have the UAC Level set to requireAdministrator. I don't know of anything else to look for.

I had the installer code-signed but have removed that due to the size of the install.exe.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Chris C.
    coffee.cup not found. Programmer halted.

Default Re: SB sends only 1 of 6 releases to the Win Uninstall Programs list

Hi Chris,

as far as I can see, you deployment strategy is incorrect. In Windows, you need a unique Product GUID for one product.

For example: we have the same software (LSZip) but several different releases (LSZip for Clarion 6, LSZip for Clarion 7, LSZip for Clarion 8, etc.). In Windows, you need a unique Product GUID for each releases. This is expected and by Windows design.

So what you need is multi-Product GUID in your deployment (similar to the attached screenshot).

Or this:
    http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/sho...5922#post55922

If you need help with this, just let me know.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: SB sends only 1 of 6 releases to the Win Uninstall Programs list

Yep! After I posted and took a break and then realized there is a Releases section. Gave them all their own GUID - problem solved.
    A little bit embarrassing to think how long I wrestled with it and how easy you made the solution.

Thanks,

Chris C
    coffee.cup not found. Programmer halted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information