+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installer with Firewall Exceptions - Creates Duplicate every time it is run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Installer with Firewall Exceptions - Creates Duplicate every time it is run

I was researching an issue dealing with access when I found many duplicates firewall exceptions from our installer.

We use the same install for upgrades so I tested running on a clean VM multiple installs and can confirm it is duplicating the same entries. Is there anyway to keep this from happening?

After 1st install: https://www.screencast.com/t/IryEUh0yu

After 2nd install: https://www.screencast.com/t/JxKyorusu

Should we add delete and then add per firewall exception to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Terry @ TCS
    Terry Mullican
    TCS a LeadVenture Company (TirePower)
    www.tcstire.com

Default Re: Installer with Firewall Exceptions - Creates Duplicate every time it is run

Hi Terry,

we'll check this and I get back to you.

Friedrich

Default Re: Installer with Firewall Exceptions - Creates Duplicate every time it is run

I noticed the same issue. So I delete the firewall exception first and then add it again.

Yes, that's a very good idea. Unfortunately, the Windows Firewall API does not handle the duplicates firewall exceptions scenario. We are still looking for a solution.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Friedrich

Hello,

we have changed this in the new SetupBuilder 2018 runtime:

CHANGE : [SB#8-07271] Installer: The Firewall Exceptions function doesn't try to add the exception when one already exists with the same name to prevent multiple entries on Windows 7 and later.

Friedrich

Terry,

we have changed this in the new SetupBuilder 2018 runtime. It will be available in the next release.

CHANGE : [SB#8-07271] Installer: The Firewall Exceptions function doesn't try to add the exception when one already exists with the same name to prevent multiple entries on Windows 7 and later.

Friedrich

Terry,

we have resolved the duplicate issue in the pre-release:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?47846

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information