+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File cannot be found yet it can be found

Question File cannot be found yet it can be found

More than half the time I build a web deployable install, I end up with error messages about files not being found or corrupt files despite the fact that there are no error messages during the upload process from SB 10 to the server.

Here's a video showing yet another example of an erroneous error message displayed by a SB install:

https://youtu.be/x_BfgiOUWow

I am using SB Version: 10.0.5452

Default Re: File cannot be found yet it can be found

Here's another issue that I encounter with the installer:

Name:  2018-08-29_11-09-31.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  103.5 KB

What kind of resolution and text size are you running? Windows handles the "resizing" of the dialogs, there is not any custom code involved.

Friedrich

Hello,

the upload process (Windows WiniNet) can only report error codes that your server returns back to the calling application. If your server returns 0 (no error) then there was no upload error.

Because SetupBuilder powers millions of web updates, it is highly unlikely that this is a bug. I assume it's a problem with the project (e.g. web configuration).

I would suggest to change inwordbible.com to www.inwordbible.com. Or send me your project file and I will fix the problem in your project for you. If you are interested, send it to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com. My test SetupBuilder installer downloaded your inword_00001.bin file without any problem on three different Win10 machines.

Friedrich

250% scaling on Windows 10-64 with LG Electronics 4K UHD IPS 32" Screen LCD Monitor (32MU99-W)

None of the other "pages" of the installer show any problems (other than the bottom hanging portions of letters get chopped off for the file names being downloaded and installed).

I had reboot the IIS server on which the *.bin files resided before I could get the installer to complete without an error.

Hello,

so the issue has been resolved now, correct? I think you had a typical (IIS) MIME problem here.

Friedrich

Hello,

please try it again with the default font type/site.

Does this make any difference?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't have any font called "MS Shell Dlg:8". My font is "Microsoft Sans Serif:9"

The default one (when you create a new project) is "MS Shell Dlg:8". Please delete your font and size and this will reset it.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information