+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: File cannot be found yet it can be found

Default Re: File cannot be found yet it can be found

Please delete your font and size and this will reset it.
    I have done as you've instructed, but now the font is so small it is barely legible. See below:
    Name:  2018-08-31_11-23-50.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  83.1 KB

Moreover, the gray rectangular area is still visible on the right side of the next to last window.Name:  2018-08-31_11-50-08.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  75.5 KB

Hello,

unfortunately, we can't reproduce this display issue on any of our machines Not even on machines with support for 4K. Would it be possible for you to send a screenshot from your display configuration (including scale factor, etc.)? I have opened a ticket for your issue.

UPDATE: we can reproduce this "Installation Progress Dialog" issue on a Surface Book now. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Item in review.

Friedrich

Fixed in the latest internal SetupBuilder 2018 build! Thanks again for your help!

FIX : [SB#8-08291] Installer: Possible layout problems with the "Clarion Environment Detection" wizard and the "Installation Progress" dialog when the Windows custom scaling option was enabled to increase the size of fonts and icons on high-resolution displays.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images   

What I had sent you yesterday in the way of a screen snapshot was taken from a Windows 10 machine connected to a Windows 2016 Server using Remote Terminal Services. The installer was being run on the Windows Server for testing purposed. I don't have Clarion, BTW.

Name:  2018-09-01_8-24-15.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  128.2 KB

So with a web install, why is the "Cancel" button disabled on the "Installer progress" dialog window?

That's fixed now. It was caused by a DS_FIXEDSYS style option in the progress dialog. The dialog box uses the SYSTEM_FIXED_FONT instead of the default SYSTEM_FONT in this case. This flag was there from the very beginning in 2003 (for more than 15 years) <g>.

Friedrich

It's a standard "Cancel" button from the underlying wizard. Cancel is not supported. We can add a "hide" option to hide the button, if you need it.

Friedrich

I was told last year that the minuscule font issue/problem on the installation dialog windows had been fixed. It was only after being told this issue had been fixed that I decided to take advantage of the renewal of my SB maintenance subscription. But now that I've actually tried your latest version of SB and created a new install package, I find that nothing has been fixed. You can see (or perhaps you'll need a magnifying glass to see) how the itsy bitsy font still appears on these dialogs.Name:  kill 2019-01-21_14-18-33.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  125.6 KBName:  kill 2019-01-21_14-18-19.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  91.8 KBName:  kill 2019-01-21_14-18-57.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  109.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by instrumentally View Post
    I was told last year that the minuscule font issue/problem on the installation dialog windows had been fixed [...] I find that nothing has been fixed.
    I think you are referring to the following:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/sho...9491#post89491

FIX : [SB#8-08291] Installer: Possible layout problems with the "Clarion Environment Detection" wizard and the "Installation Progress" dialog when the Windows custom scaling option was enabled to increase the size of fonts and icons on high-resolution displays.

IMO, all the problems you reported in ticket [SB#8-08291] have been fixed (the rectangular gray region and the Cancel button pushed off the page).

Could you please post a screenshot from our SetupBuilder installer image running on your machine? For example, the "Welcome" dialog from this trial version installer:

http://www.lindersoft.com/downloads/sb10_dev_trial.exe

Attached is a screenshot from our machine with a 3840 resolution and 250% text size setting.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information