+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decompression error 200000002

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Decompression error 200000002

Friedrich,

What flavor of decompression error does this number convey? Based on other errors of this type in the forum, it seems like a file not found. That's odd considering that the installer is trying to install a file that's in the installer.

Could it also indicate that a folder that should have been created (but wasnt) is not available? Doesnt seem likely given that you'd expect an installer error when a \users\username\documents\foldername failed to be created.

Mark

Default Re: Decompression error 200000002

Mark,

IIRC, I have never seen a decompression error 200000002. Do you have a screenshot for me (with the error code that might be displayed before Error 200000002)? I have to check the LSPACK source code to find out what kind of decompression error this is.

Friedrich

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Mark,

IIRC, I have never seen a decompression error 200000002. Do you have a screenshot for me (with the error code that might be displayed before Error 200000002)? I have to check the LSPACK source code to find out what kind of decompression error this is.

Friedrich
    I've now gotten 2 different messages from him. We've rebuilt the installer - WOMM<g>, and works on other customer machines.

Mark

Name:  Decompress1.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  Decompress2.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  38.2 KB

Hi Mark,

assuming the Users folder is not "write protected":

It's very well possible that this is caused by a false-positive (bug <g>) on this specific machine. Something like... the protection software (real-time) monitors the installer and blocks the create file API. As a result, the API fails and returns an error.

Friedrich

I was having the same problem, but mine was "write protected". thank you for clearing this up.

It turned out that this user's machine was really messed up. His IT guy had to reinstall windows. Turned out that he couldnt save files to a number of folders he should have had access to as an admin - even when run as admin was used. I see this more often than I would expect - where user profiles get torched, but still work. The odd thing about this one is that Windows had just been installed on this box a few days before.

Mark

Hi Mark,

thank you for the update!

Friedrich

Mark,

okay, I have checked the source code.

The UNPACK library tries to create the output file using the CreateFile Windows API. This process returned INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE.

The UNPACK library returned the following to SetupBuilder:

return -200000000 - GetLastError();

Because you received Decompression Error -200000002, I can confirm that GetLastError was ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
    2 (0x2) The system cannot find the file specified.

The installer always tries to create the target folder (if it does not exist). Is your path "\users\username\documents\foldername" a fully qualified pathname?

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information