+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows service running status is 'Not started' after installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows service running status is 'Not started' after installation

Hello,

In our product we are installing a windows service while installing our product, the service gets installed correctly however its running status is 'not started', we manually need to start the service. I have tried with startup type of service as 'Automatic' and 'Automatic(Delayed Start)' as well, do I need to start the service manually(how) or is there any property I need to set?

One more question, to install/register node service, do we need to do anything special than windows service?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Windows service running status is 'Not started' after installation

Hello,

what about the "Edit Service..." script function? Perhaps your Windows service needs this to "start"?

I Googled and found on helpmegeek.com that, in order to run a Node application as a Windows service, you need to leverage a freeware third-party tool (NSSM). www.nssm.cc

Friedrich

Default Re: Windows service running status is 'Not started' after installation

Thanks Friedrich !!!

I am able start the service with Edit Service function, ill check about NSSM for node service.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information