I've been using SB for many years, but I could have easily missed something along the way.
There have been some times where either users or other programs prevent one or more files from being updated during an install.
So, we have a request to validate (either by date stamp or CRC) that the files in the user chosen installation folder were actually updated to the files contained within the installer.
As a quick test, we did a GetFileInfo(File Date) from the $_SB_INSTALLDIR% just before the file Install File(s) section at the bottom of the script, then another after the file copy and compared to two File Dates.
This was a simple way to validate the date stamp actually updated, but is there a better way? We thought about checking a half dozen .exe files, but I'm wondering if there is something that already exists in SB?
Also I was wondering if there could be an addition to the following screen (or a new tab). In SB 10 you can choose Replacement Option, but could we have another control for Validate Option so each file during the install could be validated by Never, Version, Date/Time, CRC.

Have other people figured out a way to validate the installed files?

Name:  SB_FileInfo.PNG
Views: 960
Size:  17.3 KB

Carl Davis
SB10 and C10 (and many prior versions)