+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ... could not locate an associated application

Default Re: ... could not locate an associated application

I had a feeling something was up:/

Hope everyone is ok. Will report back on my test results.

Mark

Friedrich,

I ran the WebUpdate_x64.exe installer as instructed. I then ran WUpdate_SSL.exe that was installed into \program files\WebUpdatex64\.

It didnt work. Then I noticed that the zip had 2 installers. When I ran the one in the subfolder, it worked as noted below.

Name:  LinderTest.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  145.0 KB

However, there remains some mystery here... Other than including the more recently compiled wupdate_ssl.sbp, what was different?

There's no way to compare the wupdate_ssl.sbp you provided to the one I have without opening them both and eyeballing each line to see what's different.

Can you clarify the difference between the wupdate_ssl.sbp in my dist/1033 folder as compared to the wupdate_ssl.sbp in the zip you provided?

Likewise - what change is necessary to make wucheck_ssl work?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

sorry, the WebUpdate_x64.exe installer (Time Stamp 1:50 PM) was just a test installer to find out what might cause this issue. I forgot to remove it from the ZIP.

The WebUpdate_x64.exe (Time stamp 1:56 PM) is a simple 64-bit mode project. I compiled a 64-bit version of the original WUPDATE_SSL.EXE. Then I changed Line 82 in the WebUpdate_x64.sbp project to include the custom compiled WUPDATE_SSL.EXE (instead of the 32-bit mode standard one). As a result, WebUpdate works in 64-bit :-)

Friedrich

Friedrich,

It hit me in the shower this am that you were telling me that I just needed to recompile the wu modules AND be sure to tweak the include. Ill check that and circle back if it doesnt work.

Thanks,

Mark

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information