So, it appears the problem is that the SET %APPTITLE% isnt working.

Here's the user's corresponding HKLM\Software\Lindersoft\WebUpdate\Apps\%APPKEY% (notice the WUCHECK_SSL64 - which is my recompiled 64 bit wucheck_ssl):

Name:  image_2022_01_27T21_33_01_366Z.png
Views: 40
Size:  48.9 KB

So that (above) references the user's HKLM\SoftwareLindersoft\WebUpdate\AppPaths\

Name:  image_2022_01_27T21_31_54_285Z.png
Views: 40
Size:  64.8 KB

Note that the key LOCAL_APP is present and is not blank.

I added this code to my 64 bit copy of WUCheck_SSL (blue line):

Name:  Image 2022-01-27 at 3.54.58 PM.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  122.8 KB

When the user ran the updated WUCheck_SSL64, he got this:

Name:  image_2022_01_27T21_37_52_565Z.png
Views: 38
Size:  26.4 KB

Seems like the HKEY get didnt get from the right place.

So I thought - I dont see "set x64 mode" anywhere in this installer - which is apparently not the same as "create a 64 bit installer"<g>.

So I added "Enable x64 support" and sent him another exe.

Name:  Image 2022-01-27 at 4.01.54 PM.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  132.0 KB

Same message - showing %APPTITLE% as blank.

Not sure if this is me, or WUCheck or something else

Mark