+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evaluation Questions

Default Evaluation Questions

Currently evaluating the SB trial version with a view to purchase. I have 2 questions:

1. I need more text in the Welcome dialog than can fit in the space available, and I can enter it ok in the Text and Messages>DLG_WELCOME_TEXT identifier with its vertical scrollbar. However, when running the project in Test, the bottom of the text is truncated as there is no scrollbar available. Is this wad?

2. When trying to run a Readme file in Test mode, the program crashes without any error messages after running the Welcome dialog. The Readme.rtf file is 46 KB, is that a problem? The Value in the readme Dialog's 'Select Text Resource' is file://E:\Skylog Project\Skylog Pro\V700\Install\README.RTF. The default Value of file://[SB5]\Redist\1033\Readme.rtf displays the 'To add your own license text to this dialog, specify your license agreement file in the Dialogs editor.' normally.

Thanks

Default Re: Evaluation Questions

Quote Originally Posted by was View Post
    Currently evaluating the SB trial version with a view to purchase. I have 2 questions:

1. I need more text in the Welcome dialog than can fit in the space available, and I can enter it ok in the Text and Messages>DLG_WELCOME_TEXT identifier with its vertical scrollbar. However, when running the project in Test, the bottom of the text is truncated as there is no scrollbar available. Is this wad?

2. When trying to run a Readme file in Test mode, the program crashes without any error messages after running the Welcome dialog. The Readme.rtf file is 46 KB, is that a problem? The Value in the readme Dialog's 'Select Text Resource' is file://E:\Skylog Project\Skylog Pro\V700\Install\README.RTF. The default Value of file://[SB5]\Redist\1033\Readme.rtf displays the 'To add your own license text to this dialog, specify your license agreement file in the Dialogs editor.' normally.

Thanks
    1. As far as I can reasonably tell, this is a hard limit with the welcome dialogue.
    2. I’ve used external RTF files that get combined into the set up at compile time slightly larger than that and haven’t experienced any issues, I will see if I can come up with an example at some point and provide a Google Drive link.

Thank you. An example would be great.

Never mind, I've sorted it out.

Thanks.

Thank you for the update !!!

Friedrich

Another issue I've come across: I set the 'Next' button text to 'Register later' and then reset it to 'Next >' if the REGISTER dialog isn't displaying in the loop. However, wherever I put the reset code, the next dialog's 'Next' button text is always 'Register later'. Also, the "REGISTRATION" dialog show/hide code doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Code below (the REGISTERBTN button is a button I've added to the REGISTER dialog):

! Wizard dialog definition(s)
    Define Wizard Dialog "#1" (Welcome)
    Define Wizard Dialog "#2" (Readme)
    Define Wizard Dialog "#3" (License Agreement)
    Define Wizard Dialog "REGISTER" (Custom Wizard Dialog) [ONINIT]
    Define Wizard Dialog "REGISTRATION" (User Info) (%_SB_USERNAME%,,%_SB_USERSERIAL%)
    Define Wizard Dialog "SELECTFOLDER" (Select Install Folder) (%MAINDIR%)
    Define Wizard Dialog "#7" (Ready to Install) ()

! The Wizard Loop displays the dialog screens that the user sees in the installation
    Loop Wizard (Abort Dialog Active)

If %_SB_DIALOGID% Equals "$REGISTER$" Then
    Set Text "Register later" to ControlID "$NEXT_BUTTON$"

If %_SB_CONTROLID% Equals "REGISTERBTN" Then
    Set Variable %REGISTER% to "T"
    Show Wizard Dialog "REGISTRATION"
    Display Message Box ("REGISTER=%REGISTER%", "Control Event Received")
    Else
    Hide Wizard Dialog "REGISTRATION"
    End
    Else
    Set Text "Next >" to ControlID "$NEXT_BUTTON$"
    End

If %_SB_DIALOGID% Does Not Equal "$REGISTER$" Then
    Set Text "Next >" to ControlID "$NEXT_BUTTON$"
    End

Hi:

I actually had this very same question in relation to the ready to install dialogue myself. And basically the trick is that you want the following

Code:
     if %SB_DIALOGNEXID% = $REGISTER$ then
    Set text “Register Later” to control ID “$Next_Button$”
    End
    So, that should hopefully fix your registration dialogue button issues. How I manage to figure this out is I wanted my next button on my ready to install dialogue to read “install now“ and so it’s been a fun ride trying to figure that one out.

As to making sure to hide the registration dialogue, if I may suggest create a radio buttons dialog asking if the user wants to register and grabbing that response like as follows

[code] if %SB_RETURN% = 1 then
    Hide wizard dialog $REGISTER$”
    End

Just some thoughts, hoping this

Hello,

please send the code-snipped in a project file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll fix/enhance your code.

Friedrich

Thank you both for your help. However, I've been able to resolve both issues thanks to lmodern1878's suggestions together with frequent reference to the Help, examples and the 'Learning SB' info.

Andrew

Hello again,

1. I'm getting the following message when attempting to verify a serial number using a run command from within a wizard loop:

Performing pre-checks...
    Install700_P.sbp(107): warning GEN1128: It is advised not to use a Run program command inside a Wizard Loop structure. The Loop code:

If %_SB_DIALOGID% Equals "$REGISTRATION$" Then
    /* If %_SB_EVENTID% Equals "$EVENT:ONUPDATE$" Then */
    Put INI Value ("INSTALLATION", "username = %_SB_USERNAME%") to "%TMPDIR%\Install.ini"
    Put INI Value ("INSTALLATION", "regncode = %_SB_USERSERIAL%") to "%TMPDIR%\Install.ini"
    Set Variable %REGNRESULT% to FUNCTION:Get INI Value ("Installation", "RegnResult") from "%TMPDIR%\install.ini"
    Run Program ("%TMPDIR%\Skypconv32.exe", "14 %TMPDIR%") [Feature:Always Install] [Wait]
    Set Variable %REGNRESULT% to FUNCTION:Get INI Value ("Installation", "RegnResult") from "%TMPDIR%\install.ini"
    If %REGNRESULT% Equals "T" Then
    Display Message Box ("Your registration details have been recorded successfully. Thank you for re...", "Registration")
    Else
    Display Message Box ("The registration details you have entered are incorrect. Please check and r...", "Registration")
    End

I use this exe extensively for various non-UI purposes (eg, checking serial numbers as above), and it is essential that I be able to run it within the wizard loop. The exe seems to run correctly within the wizard loop, so what problems will I encounter in going against this advise?

2. In Competitive Advantages>Flexibility I see: SetupBuilder supports IF and WHILE control structures to provide looping and conditional execution of installation components. I can't see the WHILE command in the available Control Statements?

Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information