+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evaluation Questions

Default Re: Evaluation Questions

Hello,

it is just a warning. You can run external files from within the Wizard Loop (we are also doing it from time to time), but it is not recommended :-)

Friedrich

Thanks for the reply. Although I'm still not sure what the consequences of doing that might be. Also, will a WHILE control statement be available in the next version?

Andrew

Andrew,

SetupBuilder gives you more power. A typical While Statement creates a loop that executes a specific statement as long as a test condition evaluates to true.

See attached screenshot. You can use the Loop Statement in SetupBuilder to handle a While.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Friedrich. Hadn't thought of that! I am missing the OR operator though (and AND but that isn't a problem) as I use them a lot. Do you have a similar whizo solution to that?

Also, I've noticed that, in my partially completed app, the 'Ready to Install' dialog displays the [INSTALLDIR] compiler variable value in the 'Current Settings>Destination Folder' value, and not the actual folder selected in the 'Select Install Folder' dialog.

Andrew

Post Re: Evaluation Questions

How to get “and” as well as “or” conditions is

variableName comparison
    test value next step (then, and, or) as a drop down list

The above table is a rough estimation of where the controls are in the “if…” statement box so take the following:

Loop
    If %myvar% = “1” and %myvar2% = “2” then
    Take some action
    End
    Break loop
    End

Hope this helps

Ah, ok I see them in the If control statement's 'Option' dropdown - didn't look hard enough. And, of course, OR was used in Friedrich's screenshot - my bad! Many thanks.

'I've noticed that, in my partially completed app, the 'Ready to Install' dialog displays the [INSTALLDIR] compiler variable value in the 'Current Settings>Destination Folder' value, and not the actual folder selected in the 'Select Install Folder' dialog.'

Just repeating the above question in case it gets lost. Also, I need to extract sub-folder names using a string parse function. No doubt it probably exists, but I can't find it?
    Later: script function 'Handle String Operation' will do the job. The range of operations there are amazing!

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Just wanted to take a minute and say that you’re welcome for any help that I was able to provide as well as if I was able to point you at least in the right direction if not answer your question out right. Should you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to respond to this message

Thanks for your help. As I said, the following issue doesn't seem right:

'I've noticed that, in my partially completed app, the 'Ready to Install' dialog displays the [INSTALLDIR] compiler variable value in the 'Current Settings>Destination Folder' value, and not the actual folder selected in the 'Select Install Folder' dialog.'

Do you see the same thing? If so, how do you get the 'Current Settings>Destination Folder' value in the 'Ready to Install' dialog to show the actual selected Destination folder?

Later: Never mind, setting variable %_SB_INSTALLDIR% to %MAINDIR% (the selected Destination folder) in the previous dialog fixes the prolem.

BTW, have completed my evaluation and have now purchased SB Developer. It's a great tool with a lot of power under the hood.

Andrew

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information