Greetings All:

I often need to re-deploy installations made by others in my organization using the advanced installation features of SB and recently I found a wonderful "free to use" tool called InstallWatch Pro 2.5 This tool is a lifesaver as it basically creates two "snapshots" a "before the install" and an "after the installation" snapshot then it compares the two snapshots and shows the differences. It watches file, registry, and INI file adds, edits, and deletes thus allowing you to capture the changes made by the 3rd party installer to allow one to use SB to recreate the functionality with a minimal amount of guess work.

the InstallWatch Pro app is "Free to Use" meaning you don't have to pay anything and they only ask you to join their email list. I'm not getting pad by the developers of InstallWatch or anything like that; I just discovered this tool for my use and thought other who rely is SB would find it useful to be able to repackage a 3rd party installation.

I personally use a clean install of Windows XP (yes it runs that far back) in a VMWare Workstation 16 Virtual Machine thus install and update the OS to current, install the InstallWatch application, run it up and follow its instructions and you'll be able to capture the installation!

I hope this little tip helps someone who needs to repackage installers using SB :-)

Stay Safe:
Loretta