+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Code signing confusion

Default Re: Code signing confusion

Hindsight is 20/20, but when the Lindersoft customer attempts this process for the first time, none of what you have clarified is clear or "obvious." That is my point.

Surely someone must know how to get past the "Your browser did not send a certification request" error?
    Seems like the problem might be:
    1) An anti-virus thing blocking I/E, or
    2) One of the many ActiveX settings that can be tweaked under the “Security level for this zone”, or
    3) Maybe Microsoft really did kill this fashion of obtaining code signing certificates!
    -- Rich F.
    -Rich F.

I had no choice to find another means to obtain a digital signing certificate since the Lindersoft doorway simply doesn't work no matter how hard I attempt finding a fix for the unsupported browsers and failure of IE to send the request.

The problem I am now having has to do with getting a certificate under a fictitious business name (dba) as opposed to my own personal name. I am sure I'm not the only software developer that uses a business moniker (aka "fictitious name" or "dba") for their small business software development. Is there any "trick" or method for a John Smith to get the certificate to display "ABC Software" as opposed to "John Smith"?

Hello,

again, this is not caused by any "Lindersoft doorway". This is the original Sectigo order page on Sectigo servers (they are processing quite a few thousand certificate requests per day).

BTW, you have to ask the WebTrust how to handle dbs's. I know that there are very strict rules in town.

Friedrich

Hi Rich,

I think you are 100% right with 1) or 2).

BTW, I requested a 3yr certificate for a customer today. New Windows 10 Pro virtual machine, standard settings. Opened IE and accepted all the requested security settings. Certificate request worked without any problem.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information