I have installed 64 bit Windows 7 on a new computer. I have no other OS installed on that computer at present, but still have my XP PRO computer as fallback. (networked) My XP system's SB6 project folder is connected as a drive letter on Win 7. (I want the ability to fall back to XP at any time, in case Win 7 goes bonkers.) SB6 on Win7 is set up to use the connected XP project folder as the default project folder.

In XP PRO, I have always run in admin mode. Never had any rights issues doing anything in SB. I have no previous experience with Vista. I seem to be having some issues in Win7.

Here is the problem:

If I start up SB as a user, it instantly fires up ok and allows me to open projects. However, then when I attempt to access the user guide, SB tells me to run it as an admin.

But, if I try to start up SB with "run as administrator", UAC instantly asks me if I want to allow SB to "make changes". If I answer yes, then SB says it can't find the project folder, and asks me if I want to create it! This looks like an unusable state.

Is this all "expected Vista behavior" or have I installed it incorrectly?