I ran across my first big problem with SB5 yesterday. I ran an installation that appeared like it was installing without a problem. However, since the application is running on the LAN, there was no way for me to know that someone was still in the program when I thought everybody had exited properly.

The installer continued working even though the dll's and exe's were not copying due to the files being locked by another station. I would have expected an error message or something to let me know that it had failed.
In Installshield, you would get an error which immediately told me that someone had not exited (although the error was cryptic in nature).

I would prefer SB giving me either:
1. An immediate error message and then dumping out.
2. An immediate error message with the option to continue anyway.
3. An error message at the end stating that it was unsuccessful at installing xx files and that the installation may not have worked correctly. A detail button on this error message would then optionally display those files that failed to copy for one reason or another.

Now, I would prefer option 3 myself, but will settle for any of them at this point. The way it is set up now, I have no idea the installation failed me, and then I am going into the program thinking that everything is fine. This is definitely not good.

Doug