Thread: Best method of Code Signing using COMODO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best method of Code Signing using COMODO

I have been using COMODO's code signing certificate without major problems over the last year. Now that my license expired, I am about to buy a license thru Lindersoft's great deal.

I noticed that there is a new compiler directive #code-sign, and not sure what to make of it versus the way I did it before thru the Project Settings... Digital Signatures Tab.

The only small inconvenience I ever had before was with running my scripts thru a batch file and having to answer the password prompt for the key. I overcame this with a program called signcode-pwd.exe which typed the password in automatically when the window popped up. It works well for the most part.

However, is it cleaner now to use the #code-sign command now within the script? Where is the best place to put this command in the script?

Also, when I go to fill out the code signing form, there are two options that I am not 100% sure how to answer. Please see image and tell me if there is a preferred setting for the CSP and Key Filename selection. I want it to work as seamless as possible thru SB.

Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information