+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Command Line Compiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Command Line Compiles

I am compiling multiple sb6 files within a batch file and need to know if there was an error (output from first sb6 is needed by the second sb6 and so on). I know I need to check for the compiler.txt file. This batch file can be ran from either an XP or Vista PC which means the compiler.txt file is in different locations.

Can I override the folder location of compiler.txt file just for the duration of this batch file job?

Darrel
    dwitham@pdsmed.com
    Professional Data services, Inc

Default Re: Command Line Compiles

Hi Darrel,

The compiler.txt log file is always located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6. So it's not really in different locations. It's always stored in the standard CSIDL_APPDATA location

But I like the idea to be able to specify the folder location of compiler.txt. We'll add this to the next build.

Thanks,
    Friedrich

Darrel,

Added to our latest internal source codes now. The /L switch can override the folder location of compiler.txt.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Friedrich

I have the command line below in a batch file and nothing happens? All I added was the /L and folder name.

"D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" /L "D:\Lindersoft" /C "D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\Projects\Version 6.000\wssetup.sb6"

Darrel,

Change it to:

"D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" /C "D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\Projects\Version 6.000\wssetup.sb6" /L "D:\Lindersoft"

and you should be done. The /C switch "activates" the command line compiler, so it has to be the first switch in your command line.

Does this help?

Friedrich

That did it. Thanks for you quick and correct response. Darrel

You are welcome. We'll add a note to the documentation.

Thanks,
    Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information