+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: verify subscription key, problem

Default verify subscription key, problem

I don`t know how to use a verify subscription key and how to implement it to my project. What i need is "chceck the subscription date". Please
    explane this to me, step by step. Thanks in advance.

P.S.
    Sorry for my english

Default Re: verify subscription key, problem

Hello,

You can do it automatically (using the Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog -> Subscription Key tab) or you can use the "Verify Subscription Key..." script function to verify a subscription key.

You can generate a subscription key for a specific customer using the SetupBuilder IDE or the setupPROTECT SDK from your own system.

Does this help?

Friedrich

P.S. The above functionality is not available in the trial version. Do you have a SetupBuilder license?

I try to create my own subscription key but i don`t know when should I copy this key.
    I have Setupbuilder 6.5 but my Maintenance Plan has expired.

The expired Setupbuilder 6.5 Maintenance Plan is no problem.

1. You create a serial number and subscription key for your customer.
    2. In your installer, you display a Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog and enable the Automatic Subscription Key feature. SetupBuilder will do all the dirty work for you.

That's it The installer will only continue if the subscription is not expired.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Ad.1 - Create serial and subscription.
    In "create Subscription key -> veryfication Id" I put serial number and in Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog "veryfication Id is the same serial number , and in encryption password I put subscription key. Is this good ?

In test project i have a "The subscription Key have entered is not valid. Please try again ".

No

Subscription Key Tab:

1. In the Verification ID field, use a variable that holds the serial number. For example, %_SB_USERSERIAL%

2. In the "Encryption" Password field, use the same password you previously used to generate the subscription key.

Advanced Tab:

The "Store Edit Data in Variable" defines the variable that holds the maintenance key. For example, %MAINTENANCE_KEY%

Does this help?

Friedrich

ok, but in the compile this product i have a error : error GEN1006: Reference to variable %MAINTENANCE_KEY% has not been previously defined. What do I wrong ?

Please write step by step for me. I have a break i this program so I novice ...

No problem

You only have to create that variable.

1. Go to the Script Editor
    2. Select the line below the line #include script "common definitions.sbi"
    3. In the Script Functions List (right list), scroll down to "Set Variable..."
    4. Double-click the "Set Variable..." script function item. The Set Variable dialog opens
    5. In the Variable Name field enter %MAINTENANCE_KEY%
    6. Click OK button.

Thats' it. Compile...

Friedrich

compile is ok, but i the test install in the dialog to paste the subscription key i have a error : The subscription Key have entered is not valid. Please try again ".

I go to work for this later, now i go to rest. Thanks for your help

Send your project file to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com and we'll fix it for you

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information