Well I've find another way to implement the ODBC in Setbuilder so this works for us. BUT i see your point, I know it is not SB5. why though if I ADD the ODBC text driver and set it up in the ODBC System DSN I don't get any errors and I can use that connection in our applications. i see that their might be some DLLS that Setbuilder or Native Windows uses to set it up when doing it in a install that are not up-to-date or whatever. I can't find really a solution though to it so I went this registry coding route and it works. The TEXT Odbc driver is registered in windows as default it is just setting up the Data Source where there is the problem. If I can get time I will go back and see if I can do the CONFIGURE DATA SOURCE in SB5 and get it to work.

Here another Question. Do I need to click the ODBC tab and insert TEXT driver there and ALSO go to the Script and add the CONFIGURE DATA SOURCE script? Or is the ODBC tab do it all for you? (along with adding the right parameters in the Data source attributes box??

Sorry for all the questions..... still kind of learning! :-)
Clint

Quote Originally Posted by linder
Clint,

Thanks for the update. But I fear it's not the solution to the problem. This error message is caused by missing DLLs needed to support the ODBC driver. In other words, you have an incomplete ODBC setup.

SetupBuilder provides an interface to (native Windows) ODBC setup procedures. If the Windows procedure reports an error then there is a problem somewhere. BTW, this is not a SetupBuilder 5 bug!