+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting info from a dialog box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Getting info from a dialog box

Hi,

I've been playing with SetupBuilder for the last couple of days and have been able to get it to do almost everything I need but I'm having problems with one last thing.

My project installs a service via the web installer. Then I'm using the web update to update the service automatically without any user intervention. All this works okay except for installations behind a proxy server.

The initial installation over the web gets the info for the proxy server using the Connect To Internet dialog box. I need a way to save the proxy server info and pass it into the web update utility.

I could save the information in the registry or possibly write it to an ini file and read it back in with the Read Proxy Server Info FIle but I don't see how to get the information from the dialog box. Is there a way to do this?

Default Re: Getting info from a dialog box

Hello,

I think the "Read Proxy Server Info File..." function can be used to read the proxy information. But your question is how to write the proxy information (into an INI file), correct?

Thanks,
    Andrea

Sales and Support, Lindersoft
    www.lindersoft.com

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6
    Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

Yes exactly. I don't see a way for the script to get the values from the Connect To Internet dialog box. Is there a way to do this and I'm just not seeing it?

This is a very good question. I have forwarded this to our development and get back to you. I have an idea how this can be done but have to check this...

I'll let you know ASAP.
    Andrea

Sales and Support, Lindersoft
    www.lindersoft.com

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6

Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to your answer.

Hello,

Hmmm, a "Web Update" can automatically write the proxy server information to an INI file, but a web installation or initial installation can not do it (at the moment). But this is a good idea. We'll add a function to the upcoming maintenance build that allows you to write the proxy server information to an INI file.

Thank you for your suggestion!

--
    Friedrich Linder
    Lindersoft
    www.lindersoft.com
    +1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder

Thanks!

Not to be impertinent but can I ask when the next maintenance build will be released?

Also, SetupBuilder is a great program. It's so easy to use and has already saved me bundles of time. And the response time from the support team is unbelievably quick! You're doing an outstanding job! I wish more software vendors were as good as you.

Thanks!

Not to be impertinent but can I ask when the next maintenance build will be released?
    Our goal was to make the new maintenance build available tomorrow. But we have added preliminary support for Windows 7 to SetupBuilder 6.8 and want to be able to regress test it over the weekend. This delay gives us enough time to add the "write proxy information" feature.

The "SetupBuilder 6.8 June 2008 Update" maintenance release is scheduled for next Tuesday now. Would this be okay for you?

Also, SetupBuilder is a great program. It's so easy to use and has already saved me bundles of time. And the response time from the support team is unbelievably quick! You're doing an outstanding job! I wish more software vendors were as good as you.
    Thanks so much for your kind words!

Friedrich

Next Tuesday will be great! I was afraid it would be next month or even further off. Tuesday will be fantastic!

Thanks again!

We'll post a message when the new build is available.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information