+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multi language, all I get is english

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Multi language, all I get is english

In my installer (wupdate too) I specify use of English, German, and French under General Information / Languages. But when the installer runs on a French or German machine, all I ever get is English.

A test program I wrote confirms GetThreadLocale returns 1036 on the French machine, but English is displayed.

Is there something more I need to do?

Thanks

Default Re: Multi language, all I get is english

Hello,

You have to mark the "Show Language Dialog" or see the "Radio Button 2.sb6" project in the Examples package to use another method.

http://www.lindersoft.com/sb6_Examples.exe

Does this help?

Friedrich

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Hello,

You have to mark the "Show Language Dialog" or see the "Radio Button 2.sb6" project in the Examples package to use another method.

Friedrich
    I wouldn't want users to have to make that selection each time wupdate runs. In the mean time, I've found that adding the following line seems to do the trick.

Is this a sound way of setting an installer language to the systems language?

Set Active Setup Language to "%CURLNG%"

Thanks

P.S. I resolved the 'blank screen' issue by reworking my custom dialog.

Sorry, I did not answer the wupdate.exe question.

The standard wupdate.exe is (by default) only in English. The wupdate.sb6 source code is located in the Redist\1033. To provide a multi-language wupdate.exe, you have to compile your own web update client and add your own language detection logic.

Yes, Set Active Setup Language to "%CURLNG%" can be used to set an installer language to the system language. You can automate this language selection process, so the user does not have to do it manually.

Friedrich

By the way, did you send the "blank dialog" project to our support (or did you already solve the issue?)

Thanks,
    Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information