+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to enable rollback

Default How to enable rollback

I would like to automatically create a shortcut to rollback to the previous version of my product, like you do for Setup Builder itself. But I can't quite figure out how to enable or implement it. A search of the help file for "rollback" reveals a number of hits indicating that "Setup scripts can be rolled back", and in the Advanced Settings there are options to disable rollback after a failed installation, and I see there is a command line switch /UR for smart rollback, but passing that switch to either the install exe or the Uninst_xxxx.exe seems to have no effect in my setup. I see that in your case, following the /UR you have the path of the installation log file, but even when I use that syntax, it looks and acts like the regular full uninstall. A related question would be how to remove/replace the prior "Rollback to version a.b.c.1" shortcut with the newer "Rollback to version a.b.c.2" when performing an update installation.

Default Re: How to enable rollback

Hello,

It's not in the manual (undocumented function) because we test this "feature" in our own SetupBuilder installation right now We have to find out the pros and cons.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information