+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sfo85msi

Default Sfo85msi

I don't know if this is the right Forum, but I haven't a clue which Forum to turn to.

I have a question.
    The string "SFO85MSI" is found in 'add/remove programs'.

What is this?
    Is it a program that requires a license?
    Does it come with another program, and if so what?

please help.
    HMD

Default Re: Sfo85msi

Hello,

Why do you think this program is related to the SetupBuilder Installation System?

Friedrich

All I now is that I cannot google Sfo85msi, and that Sfo85msi is manufactured by Lindersoft.
    I started by writing that i do not know if this is the right forum, hoping that somebody knew something about Sfo85msi by Lindersoft

Hello,

Sfo85msi is definitely NOT manufactured by Lindersoft. Just curious, why do you thing we are the manufacturer of this "product"?

Friedrich

I think this because we are using a software scanning tool, and in the overview next to the title the scanner software writes the manufafcturer, and here it says Lindersoft. The scanner software gets its information from Add/remove programs.

BTW, we also Googled for "Sfo85msi" / "Sfo85 msi" / "Sfo 85", etc. but did not find anything.

The item in the Add/Remove Panel should "link" to a folder (e.g. Program Files subfolder). Perhaps that folder has some information (e.g. in the version resource of .exe files) about the vendor of this program?

Friedrich

I know but my problem is that the scanning results are collect from a customre in another company so I do not have direct access to the PCs. That is why I thought of trying here.
    I will just have to figure out what to do then.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the scanner is wrong.

But it should be possible to find the "real" vendor of this product. Check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr ectVersion\Uninstall registry to find out where the product is installed. Then go to that folder and check all the files -- most vendors store information in the version resource of the main .exe.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Aha, okay. I understand.

It would be great if you could keep us posted.

Friedrich

Hi

I will forward this case to my backoffice, as they might have more chances for going further than I have.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information