+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Customizing Custom Wizard Dialog

Default Customizing Custom Wizard Dialog

Hi,
    I have few questions regarding the customization of Custom Wizard Dialog.
    There are,
    1. How to validate password entered in a edit control while doing keyin event in custom wizard dialog?
    2. How to set and update progress in the progress control added in custom wizard dialog?
    3. How to collect and verify disk space availability?
    4. Is there anyway to define the size of custom wizard dialog?
    5. One installer is invoking another installer in silent mode. Now that parent installer wants to show the progress of child installer in it’s own progress bar. Is it possible with parent installer having custom wizard dialog ? if so kindly provide link in the documentation which we can refer to. (Note : Both the Installers are from Setup Builder 8.)

Regards
    A. Vijayasaravanan

Default Re: Customizing Custom Wizard Dialog

Hello,

Did you already download the "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" and the "Examples Package" (provides interesting Custom Wizard Dialog source code projects)?

Friedrich

4. Is there anyway to define the size of custom wizard dialog?
    No. The dialogs make use of the standard installer wizard size. You can't modify the size.

5. One installer is invoking another installer in silent mode. Now that parent installer wants to show the progress of child installer in it’s own progress bar. Is it possible with parent installer having custom wizard dialog ? if so kindly provide link in the documentation which we can refer to. (Note : Both the Installers are from Setup Builder 8.)
    When the parent app calls a child app (with the "Wait" flag set) then the parent Windows app stops processing script messages until the child returns. So you can NOT update the parent while the child is running. And btw, you should always hide the parent progress bar dialog when you call a child setup (and let the child install display its own progress information).

Friedrich

Yes. I have come up with these queries after some practice done with the information given in "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" and the "Examples Package"

If possible could you give the reference page in "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" or the example project name in "Examples Package"

The "Dialog 2.sb8" project demonstrates a method how to verify a password. "Progress Dialog.sb8" shows some progress bar (standard dialog) tips and "Custom Dialog Demo 1.sb8" demonstrates how to control the progress bar on a custom wizard dialog.

The %SB_DISKSPACEREQ% runtime variable contains the amount of required disk space.

HTH,
    Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information