+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to use text file as source for Listbox?

Default How to use text file as source for Listbox?

How do I display lines from a text file as the source for a listbox wizard dialog?

I have a loop that reads the text file line-by-line, but I cannot find a way to concatenate the lines into something that works for the "List Box Text". All I get is a single item in the list. I have tried using the following when joining the lines back into a single string:
    \n
    |
    <7ch>
    \r
    <13,10>

Rather than having to build a string, is there a way that I can just specify that the "List Box Text" should come from a data file?
    -Rich F.

Default Re: How to use text file as source for Listbox?

SOLVED:
    This issues I had were:
    1) dealing with three different notations for line endings: a) backslash-n, b) pipe, c) cr/lf and where each one should be used.
    2) when and how to close a text file that is processed with any of the “Handle Text File Operation”,
    3) setting file permissions on the text file after writing it to the Window’s “programData” subfolder.
    -Rich F.

Default Re: How to use text file as source for Listbox?

P.S.
    When reading the lines of a text file with "Handle Text File Operation" and combining the lines into a string variable, the pipe symbol does work.
    But one has to make sure the text file really has cr/lf as line terminators and not something else.
    -Rich F.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information