HI,

The situation is as follows:

1. Our application creates a specific folder "X" in the C:\Documents and Settings\[user_profile_name]\App_Name folder

during its launch and uses it for caching etc.

That means any user who launches the app would find folder X created in the above mentioned location

2. Application will always be installed with Admin privileges, thats a guarantee.

3. During a re-installation, I would like to dispose the folder tree App_Name\X
from every user's profile directory who has ever used my application on this system

4. The reason we want to dispose the folder tree in step 3 is because the old cache interferes with the cache files that will be created by the newly installed version of the application

5. This allows the newly installed application to re-create the cache and start afresh

6. Thats why I would like to include finding all user profiles and doing the job of deleting cache folders inside Setupbuilder

Given the link that you have suggested, it looks easier to write a custom DLL to get this job done...a dll that reads the C:\Documents and Settings dir and deletes App_Name\X whereever it finds it...what is your opinion?

That way I can keep my sb7 script clean and leave all the dirty work to the dll....

please let me know your suggestions/thoughts!

Thanks,
-Arun