Hi, Friedrich

Actually, I was very careful in my research before I posted my question, and I am absolutely certain that the signature was being removed. I left a Windows Explorer window open to the folder where the .exe file is, signed the code using the signtool wizard, right-clicked on the .exe, selected "properties", verified that the signature was there, then switched over to Setupbuilder, compiled the project, switched back over to the folder where the .exe is, inspected "properties" again, and the signature was gone. This is not even the copy that was compiled into the installation, but the original .exe. Which, of course, explains why the compiled installation contained a .exe without a signature, as it was being removed before the .exe was compiled into the installation. Now, what caused it I have no idea, but it didn't happen until I ran the SB compile.

Having said all that, yes, I did discover since I posted my question that the latest build of SB uses SignTool and the pfx. I implemented that and all these problems went away. The original .exe retains its signature, and the installed .exe also now has the signature. So all's well.

My guess is that, of course, SB was not touching my .exe, but it was something in SignCode that was removing the signature and not replacing it.

Being able to have SB do the signing is really helpful, and for me, works a whole lot better. Just in time.

Thanks,

Wayne
www.analyticabiz.com